Reporting Options (Victims)

Loyola will respond to all allegations of sexual misconduct.

1. File a report with local police - 911 or (504) 658-5800

If you survived an incident of gender-based violence and want to file a report with the police, call 911 or (504) 658-5800. You may request that the police investigate the crime and gather evidence for legal purposes. Please note that the longer you wait, the harder it may be for the police to gather strong evidence. It is important that there be a report on file with the police if you later decide you want to take legal action.

2. File a report with University Police - (504) 865-3434

You can contact Public Safety & University Police, who are on duty 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, and they will initiate an investigation. Public Safety officers will respond quickly and with sensitivity upon notification of the incident. At your discretion, Public Safety will assist you in filing a report with the local police. You may also file an anonymous report with University Police through its Silent Witness Form.

3. File a report with the Title IX Coordinator and/or Student Affairs - (504) 864-7151

You may pursue university action if the accused individual is a Loyola student, faculty member, or staff member. Regardless of whether an incident is reported to local police or University Police, you may request supportive measures, such as a change in your living situation after an alleged sexual assault or a change in your class schedule. You may also file a report with Student Affairs through its Title IX Report Form.

4. Decline to file a report

You have the right not to file a report. However, we encourage you to seek medical attention, including counseling, either on-campus or off-campus. If you wish to file a report at a later date, you may do so by contacting Student Conduct, a Title IX deputy, and/or University Police when you are ready. You can also file a report with the New Orleans Police Department.